It does not matter if you are working for a small business accounting firm in Canada or starting up a modest bakery in the outskirts of Toronto,confidence is a trait that everyone wants to radiate. You need confidence in everything that you do.
There are things that confident people do differently. And these things are what make them stand out.
- He listens more than he speaks. A confident person sees interaction as a means to improve his way of living and to learn more about other people. He does not feel the need to respond to everything that he hears and he gives other people the chance to speak their minds.
- He asks for help. A confident person is not afraid to ask for help. He understands that he cannot do everything and he knows how other people can help him to improve the situation. He recognizes that asking for help is not a sign of weakness, but a way to makes things better for all.
- He does not bring other people down. Confident people know how to celebrate the achievements of others and never try to steal the spotlight from them. Confident people do not need other people’s affirmation and they know their own worth. They do not need to prove themselves to others so it is easy for them to see other people succeed.
- He celebrates little victories. What adds up to a person’s confidence is knowing that he can succeed. A confident person recognizes little successes and he is able to celebrate them. He does not measure himself up against the great successes that he should have, but on the small victories that he achieved.
- He does not fear failure. A confident person knows that it is okay to fail. That is why he is not afraid to take risks and stick his neck out if he has to. He can take on great challenges without fear of failing because he can face them bravely. He knows that by failing, he can learn more.
A confident person can take on the world wherever he is and whatever it is he is doing. He can do small business accounting anywhere in Canada and he knows he can succeed. Success does not necessarily mean that he should stand out. To a confident person, failure can also mean success if he learned a lot from it.